In accordance with the Governor’s Executive Orders, the City of Adrian will be holding City Commission
Application Requirements for Patrol Officer
All candidates for Police Officer with the Adrian Police Department must meet the following requirements:
- At least twenty-one (21) years of age at date of hire.
- United States Citizen
- Minimum of forty (40) hours of college credit from an accredited junior college or four year college or university.
- No felony or domestic assault convictions. No misdemeanors punishable by thirty (30) days or more; or misdemeanor driving offenses (Operating Under the Influence, Driving While Suspended, Reckless driving, etc.) within the past seven (7) years. No minor misdemeanors (fine only, no jail time available) within past three (3) years.
- Valid Operator’s license from Michigan, or another state, at time of application.
- Present evidence of having passed the MCOLES Pre-employment written and physical skills testing prior to oral board interview (not required if already MCOLES certified or certifiable)
Fill out the application completely and return it to the Human Resources Director, Adrian City Hall 135 E. Maumee St., Adrian, Michigan 49221.
Attached is a listing of sites that offer the MCOLES Pre-employment testing. It is the applicant’s responsibility to make arrangements for, and completion of, the testing. Test dates can be obtained from the testing site. Written test scores are good indefinitely and physical skills scores are good for 180 days prior to the start of an academy. More information is available on-line at www.mcoles.org.
All eligible candidates (as determined through a pre-written test driving record and Criminal History check) will be notified of the date and time of the written test. A score of 70% is required to pass the written test. An Oral Interview will be given to all candidates that pass the written test and have presented evidence of passing the MCOLES pre-employment testing (unless already certified or certifiable through MCOLES).