Community is defined in the Merriam-Webster dictionary as a group of people with a common characteristic…
Frequently Asked Questions
Q: What are your hours?
- We are open Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm. Our normal business hour phone number is 264-4821 or 264-4823. The after hour emergency phone number is 264-4820.
Q: Where can I make my payment?
- Payments can be made in person at our office located on the first floor of City Hall, or by mail. There is an after hour drop box located in the rear entrance of City Hall off of Toledo Street. The address to mail payments is City of Adrian Utilities Department, 135 E. Maumee Street, Adrian, Michigan 49221. Payments can be made by cash, check or on-line using your Mastercard, Discover, or American Express card.
Q: Why is my bill so high?
- This could be caused by a leak. Most household leaks occur from faulty toilet apparatus. You may have been watering your lawn. Do you have a pool that you recently filled? Are there more people in the household?
Q: My neighbor’s bill is not as high as mine.
- Not every household uses the same amount of water. On the average, each person uses 3 units per month.
Q: What is the least amount I can pay to stay out of disconnect status?
- There are variables on this depending on each household and circumstance. We prefer that each account be paid in full by the month.
Q: Why don’t I have any water?
- There are several things we ask our customers: Has someone accidentally turned the main water valve off? If it is in the winter, have you checked for frozen pipes? Have you checked with your neighbors to see if they have water? There may be a water main break that hasn’t been reported.
Q: My sewer is backing up, who do I call?
- During normal business hours you should call 264-4821 or 264-4823. The after hour emergency phone number is 264-4820.
Q: Why do I have to fix the pipes and/or leaks in my yard? Isn’t that the Utilities’ responsibility?
- We are responsible for the main line all the way to the curb stop. The customer is responsible from the curb stop to the residence and all problems that stem from there. We do service the water meter that is located at the residence.