Community is defined in the Merriam-Webster dictionary as a group of people with a common characteristic…
Trash and Recycling
*Recycling and trash service are subject to change as of July 1, 2016.
- Tuesdays are the scheduled trash pickup days for all City residents. Please have your bagged, household trash at curbside no earlier than 6:00 p.m. on Monday and no later than 7:00 a.m. on Tuesday.
If one of these holidays falls on a Monday or Tuesday, your trash will be picked up on Wednesday. HOLIDAYS INCLUDE: New Years Day, Labor Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Christmas Day
- The City of Adrian trash contractor is Stevens Disposal. Stevens Disposal can be contacted at 1-800-779-0344 (Mon-Fri 8:00 am-5:00 pm).
- Trash must be at the curb by 7:00am.
- No trash cans, trash totes, cardboard boxes, baskets of any kind are allowed to contain trash for pickup. Items not within a bag will not be picked up unless prior arrangements with Stevens Disposal have been made.
- Trash is limited to 6 bags per household and all trash must be bagged. Each bag cannot weigh more than 50 pounds.
- If you have more than 6 bags of trash, residents must call Stevens Disposal prior to trash pickup day and pay $1.00 for each extra bag.
Trash bills are sent to residents on a quarterly basis. The cost for trash service is $30.00 per quarter* paid to the City of Adrian.
There is no “opt-out” for this service or fee. Trash bills are due on April 7, July 7, October 6, 2015 and January 5, 2016.
Large items (over 50 lbs or not in a bag) can be picked up for a $5.00 fee for each item. Residents must call Stevens Disposal prior to trash pickup day and make arrangements for pickup and to pay the fee.
Large items include:
- Appliances (freon must be removed and item tagged)
- Computer monitors
- Contact Stevens Disposal at 1-800-779-0344 (8:00 am-5:00 pm)
- For complaints regarding the City trash policies, please direct your calls to the Todd Brown, at 517-264-4894.
Please call Stevens Disposal for pricing on pickup of demolition materials (such as bricks, drywall, etc.).
For Hazardous Waste disposal call Lenawee County Solid Waste at 517-264-4546.
2016-2017 Curbside Recycling Schedule
|Month||Maumee & South of Maumee||Maumee & North of Maumee|
|July||5, 19||12, 26|
|August||2, 16, 30||9, 23|
|September||13, 27||6, 20|
|October||11, 25||4, 18|
|November||8, 22||1, 15, 29|
|December||6, 20||13, 27|
|January||3, 17, 31||10, 24|
|February||14, 28||7, 21|
|March||14, 28||7, 21|
|April||11, 25||4, 18|
|May||9, 23||2, 16, 30|
|June||6, 20||13, 27|
Lenawee County now operates a drop off site at the following address:
306 River Street (Off Race/River Street, behind the Adrian Schools’ bus garage)
Hours of Operation: Daily 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Contact Information: Lenawee County Solid Waste Department 517-264-4511 or visit the Lenawee County Website.