The City Attorney prosecutes City of Adrian ordinance violations which can include certain misdemeanors, traffic tickets, and code enforcement citations. Listed below are frequently asked questions. If you have a question that is not on the list please contact our office at 517-264-4815 or by email.
- A: Contact the Adrian Police Department at 517-264-4808.
Q: I received a subpoena for court. What does this mean and what do I need to do?
- A: If you are subpoenaed for court, you have probably been a witness to a crime. Subpoenas are not optional, and you must appear. If you have a conflict with the date/time of court, contact the City Attorney’s office at (517) 264-4815 as soon as possible. You may also contact the City Attorney’s office to check the status of the court date, as it may change. Court is held in the Rex B. Martin Judicial Building, at 425 N. Main Street, Adrian Michigan.
Q: I received my notice for court, and Sarah Osburn is listed as the attorney. Is she my attorney?
- A: No. Sarah Osburn is the prosecuting attorney for the City of Adrian. If you have been appointed a defense attorney, their name and contact information is listed in the last box on the page, marked Defendant’s Atty.
Q: I am the victim of a crime and want to check on the status of my case. Who should I contact?
- A: You can contact our office at 517-264-4815.
Q: I received a parking ticket, where do I pay it, and if I have questions or want to dispute the ticket, where do I go?
- A: Parking tickets can be paid at the Adrian Police Department. If you have questions regarding your ticket or wish to dispute it, please contact the Adrian Police Department at 517-264-4808.